Humor – The Secret Ingredient of Great Trainers
· Have you wished you could inject more humor into your training sessions in order to break the ice, or even encourage people to keep learning?
· Do you know the difference between a joke and an anecdote? Do you know which one to avoid as a trainer?
· Do you have experiences that you think would be interesting or funny to communicate to others, but you don’t know how to make them relevant?
· Have you ever thought about becoming a keynote or featured presentation speaker but wondered where to start?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, our presentation by Jim Pelley of Laughter Works Seminars is for you!
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
* Use positive and appropriate humor to build a sense of commonality among diverse groups.
* Establish a rapport that diffuses tension in any training situation
* Know what is involved in becoming a keynote speaker
* Know the value of humor as a tool for healthy living
Our guest is humorist and keynote speaker Jim Pelley. Jim is a former stand-up comedian and was one of the writers for the original “Saturday Night Live”. Jim has left 'em laughing for more than 24 years at the top organizations in the
Jim combines humor with the latest communication theory and physiological research to demonstrate how to use humor to become more creative, more productive and even less stressed. In this presentation, Jim will be sharing some of his secrets with us so we can use these techniques ourselves. This program is a must for any trainer or presenter wanting to enliven their presentations!
Learn more about Jim's work at http://www.laughterworks.com/
© ATD Sacramento Chapter Mail@astdsac.org
Thanks to the generosity of QuestionPro and its Survey Software we are able to track new and exciting data for our stakeholders. QuestionPro's advanced features allow us to collect responses and distribute vital information to participants.